12 Mar Park Rx Webinar
Over 100 million Americans currently suffer from a chronic disease, which are responsible for 7 in 10 deaths annually. Park Rx America began as a community health initiative that aims to prevent and treat chronic disease and promote wellness by prescribing and linking patients to their local parks. Now, their searchable park database links to clinic Electronic Health Records and includes nearly 3,000 parks throughout the DMV. On Wednesday, April 18 at 1:00 PM, join the Regional Primary Care Coalition, Robert Zarr, MD, MPH, Founder and Medical Director of Park Rx America; and Lois Wessel, RN, FNP-BC, Georgetown University School of Nursing and Health Studies, for a webinar, where participants will:
- Describe the current epidemic of chronic disease, including physical and mental health diseases
- Summarize scientific literature to support spending time in nature
- Review the planning, development and implementation of Park Rx
- Explain how clinicians can prescribe parks and utilize existing online databases for patient education
- Discuss ways your site can implement prescribing time outdoors
This resource can be used by any member of the care team seeking to improve patient health, including RNs, social workers, counselors, and coaches.
This event has passed. A recording is available for viewing on RPCC’s Park Rx page.